July 2, 2012

Full production

Today's bounty
Cherry tomatoes, Big Boy tomato, Big Rainbow tomato (Back left to right)
Zucchini, Bush Green Beans, Pickling Cucumbers (Middle left to right)
Roma tomatoes (Front middle)

Yay! My garden is in full production! To date, I have harvest over 22 lbs of produce (not including lettuce, herbs, onions that were not dried, or garlic bulbs - or any vegetable lost due to disease, pest damage, or rot). I can no longer go out to the garden with just my bare hands to harvest the day's fruits. Today I had to bring out the small harvesting bucket to help carry everything back to the house.  

I harvested my first cucumbers today, the last of the bush green beans (I need to plant more), and the first "Big Rainbow" heirloom tomato. While I am continuing to harvest cherry and Roma tomatoes, the summer squash is slowing down (the squash bugs are having a field day suckling on these plants).  I have several Sugar Baby watermelon forming and the spaghetti squash are looking nice too.

Oh what to do with all this produce?  I have it covered...
Yesterday I made a nice fresh tomato salsa using tomatoes, onions, and garlic from my garden. Today I made zucchini pancakes using zucchini (duh), garlic, onions from my garden (I had to buy the potatoes...maybe next year I will try growing potatoes). Gotta love summer! Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message regarding this blog post.