July 29, 2012

Swimming...No, Drowning in Tomatoes


Perhaps I planted too many tomato plants.  Perhaps.  

Over the last 3 weeks, I have harvested over 150 lbs of tomatoes.  So far, I have made:
  1. Salsa 
  2. Brushetta
  3. Marinara sauce
  4. Pasta sauce with meat 
  5. Pasta sauce (veggie)
  6. Lasagna
  7. Caprese salad
  8. Tomato ricotta tart
  9. Homemade ketchup
  10. Homemade BBQ sauce (sweet and savory)
  11. Grilled cheese with tomato on rye
  12. Garden salad
  13. Margherita Pizza
  14. Sun-dried tomatoes
  15. Tomato and mayo sandwiches with feta cheese and sweet onions
  16. BLTs
I have also given away a fair share of tomatoes to friends, neighbors, and co-workers.  Some people have commented that I should set up a "farm" stand and sell my produce.  After seeing the price of tomatoes at the grocery store today ($2.49/lb), I should seriously consider doing this to support my farming habit...ahem, supplement my income.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message regarding this blog post.