July 30, 2012

200 lbs

Today I broke 200 lbs...exactly 2 weeks after harvesting 100 lbs of produce. I have to say that the majority of the harvest have been tomatoes, especially after losing the zucchini and cucumbers to the otherside.

I harvested the remainder of the onions yesterday evening and once cured, I will weigh those to see how well they did. I don't think I will grow Copra onions again. They are only slightly larger than a golf ball. But I do want a good yellow storage onion so the hunt begins for a better Copra. I am loving the Walla Walla onions and will definitely be planting those again.

I checked on the watermelon today and it looks like I can start harvesting them towards the end of the week. Finally. The craziness of farming is that all 7 watermelon will be ready about the same time. Guess I won't need any watermelon any time soon. I hope that the weather cooperates and the plants start producing more flowers so I can get some watermelon in mid-end of September. Fingers-crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message regarding this blog post.