September 5, 2012

Daylight is getting shorter and shorter

When I was a kid, I knew summer was over when I could hear the street lights start to buzz after a long night of playing outside. It used to feel like forever before this happened early enough for me to care. As an adult, there are just not enough hours of daylight to garden after Labor Day.

This evening, I spent some time in the garden...ripping out tomato plants, harvesting soybeans, and pulling some of the "big weeds." I certainly wasn't finished with any of my garden chores by the time I looked up and it was pitch black outside. So I carried my harvests to the house only to find out it was 8 pm! Really? I knew I wasn't in the garden long but it didn't seem like it was only 8 pm. Since the amount of daylight is getting shorter, I will have to spend more time on the weekends cleaning and prepping for the fall garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message regarding this blog post.